Location and Accessibility
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check the home page and church calendar for updates on whether worship and other programs are being held in-person or virtually.
Located in Reading, PA since 1832, our building is an historic fixture in an historic city. In recent years we have ensured that our building reflects our commitment to the inclusion of people of all ages, abilities, and mobilities.
The church office is open from 9 am – 2:30 pm, Tuesday through Friday. We are closed on Mondays. We recommend you call ahead to ensure access when you arrive.
We welcome and affirm people of all abilities. We have taken the following steps to assure that no one is excluded for full participation in the life of our church.
- Mobility–There is ramp access to our building. Our sanctuary and fellowship hall are accessible to those using wheelchairs or who have limited mobility. We do have areas of our historic building that can only be reached by stairs.
- Vision–Large print hymnals are available. We also have a braille hymnal. Please ask any usher or greeter for assistance.
- Hearing–Assisted-listening devices are available. You may also tune your walkman or cell phone with built-in FM radio to 95.1 FM. Read-along Sunday worship scripts are also available. For assistance, ask a greeter or usher upon your arrival.
- Special Needs Children–If you want your child to participate in the religious education program and feel that they may require special accommodation due to learning disabilities or behavioral issues, please contact the Director of Religious Education in advance so the best possible arrangements can be made. On their first visit to the church, parents are asked to complete a registration form for their children, including any special needs.
- Pastoral Care–We provide pastoral care to all members regardless of ability. They may not be able to fully remedy every situation, but they can provide a compassionate ear and a willingness to enlist the help of others. If you have a hidden disability that you think it’s important for someone to know, please contact a member of the pastoral care team or contact Rev. Dr. Sandra Fees to share your information in confidence.