From birth to death, our congregation celebrates life and marks life transitions. This morning we hold these moments with gratitude and reverence, and join in a Bridging Ceremony for Evan Greusel.
UU BERKS CHURCH GATHERING COVID POLICY
Effective June 1, 2022 until further notice
Given the evolving nature of the pandemic, the FUUBC Board will be making ongoing evaluations on a regular basis. We are using available metrics from:
- “U.S. COVID Risk & Vaccine Tracker,” which provides real-time data: https://www.covidactnow.org/us/pennsylvania-pa/county/berks_county/?s=21621088;
- CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html
FULL VACCINATION STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: FUUBC strongly encourages all those who can be vaccinated to be vaccinated, including boosters as appropriate. The church will be requiring proof of vaccination for the Minister, staff, guest speakers, and all RE volunteers.
MASKING RECOMMENDED: FUUBC strongly encourages attendees at worship services and other large gatherings to wear masks.
THE FOLLOWING GROUND RULES* WILL GUIDE CHURCH GATHERINGS
In gathering together, we promise to:
- Wear masks when recommended by CDC guidelines.
- Do not attend in person gatherings if you are not feeling well or if you have been directly exposed to Covid-19.
- Gain consent before touching or hugging others. Be mindful of varying levels of comfort and safety with social distancing when approaching others.
- Find ways to be inclusive of individuals who cannot be vaccinated, who may be immunocompromised, or who have hearing impairments.
- Prioritize the safety of the whole community over our own individual sense of what is safe for ourselves.
- Give and accept reminders of these ground rules gracefully.
- Assume good intentions, but also accept that policies and these ground rules will guide our actions.
- Respect the authority of the people making policies.
* adapted from Ground Rules by Carol Gay, UU Congregation of Cleveland