Date(s) - 02/06/2021
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Mark your calendars now: Our FUUBC 2021 Service Auction is on Saturday, February 6th @ 6 PM. This auction is not the same as other years, our primary motivation in this isolating time: Come together as a community, hence our theme “UU Heart to UU Heart”. Following social distancing recommendations during COVID-19, our auction will be conducted fully online. We will be using an online auction website to host the silent auction for two weeks (Jan. 31 – Feb. 14) and Zoom to conduct the live auction on Saturday night in the middle of the two weeks.
Here is the link to the auction website: uuberks.org/service-auction.
We need your help. Service auctions only work if there are items to bid on and people volunteer to help make it happen. To make an item donation, use the donation form on our auction website using the link above. We have a “donation ideas” page on the site to get your creative juices running. Here is a last-minute idea: if you receive a gift that is not to your liking or a duplicate gift, consider donating it to the Service Auction. We are sure someone else would like it. We will be using an online catalog this year that can be viewed on our website or a PDF version can be downloaded to your computer, so we can accept donations up to the start of the silent auction on Monday, Feb 1.
Finally, if you would like to volunteer to help or have a question/suggestion, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Many thanks from the Service Auction Committee.
- You do not need a ticket to participate. We will be using Zoom for the live auction.
- But, you will need to register and purchase a $10 ticket to be able to bid on Silent & Live auction items. A single ticket can be shared by everyone in your household that is on the shared Zoom connection. See the notes below about “registration”.
- If you want to make a donation, but don’t want to use the form on the auction website, just send it via an email to email@example.com or call us at 484-925-1684.
- If you would like to just make a monetary donation for the auction, you can use the “donate” button on the home page of the auction site or mail a check to the church (make sure to put “auction” on the memo line).
- If you would like some help with the donation or registration forms on the auction site, we have private Zoom slots available. With Zoom, we can share your screen and both take turns navigating on your computer…it is almost like being in the same room. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 484-925-1684 for a session.
- As part of the registration process you will be asked for a credit card number because we will be using the website to collect payments. This will make it much easier for us, but if you don’t want to use a credit card, we can register you to pay with a check that you can mail to the church. Send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 484-925-1684 for this option.
- Auction item donations must be submitted by Wednesday, Jan 27th to be included in the printable program. All items donated after this date will only be viewable in the online catalog after they have been accepted by the auction committee.
How To Use the Donate Form to submit an Item for the Service Auction
How to purchase a Ticket / Bidding Number
(Remember, you do not need to purchase a ticket to attend, but you must purchase one if you will be bidding)