The food bank that FUUBC organizes on the first Thursday morning of every month at the parking lot located on 4th and Cherry street, needs more volunteers, including for the coordinator role. This is a great opportunity to help in our community and engage with people from diverse backgrounds !
Coordinator role – Brian Kammerer needs to step down from this job, but there will be opportunities to shadow him and get extensive training if you are interested in helping in this way. The responsibilities require approximately 4-6 volunteer hours per month, with most of that time needed for the food distribution day.
- transporting tables, chairs, and other items to the site at 8am
- managing volunteers that morning, and clean-up.
- ordering food online and filling out paperwork for Healthy Harvest (who provides the food and oversees operations)
- making other purchases for materials as needed (with provided funds)
- other communication with church staff/leaders. Spanish skills are a plus.
*Note: It might be possible for other volunteers to help with one or more of these tasks, so please let us know what you are capable of doing for this role
Other volunteers are needed asap on the day of food distribution for food setup, distribution of food, registration and communication with recipients (Spanish fluency would be helpful), and clean-up. Training will be provided.
Contact the Ministry and Operations Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to volunteer. Or speak with Tonya Wenger or Rev. Dr. Sandra Fees.