We are in the middle of our 2022 Service Auction. A big thank you to everyone that has donated your time and donations to the auction. It looks like it is going to be another successful event this year.
The first Silent Auction week started last Sunday and ends this Saturday, Feb 19th at 5PM, so get your bids in soon! The second Silent Auction week starts on Sunday, Feb. 20 at 12 noon. Here is the link to the auction website where you can bid on Silent Auction items : uuberks.org/service-auction. You will need to register and purchase a $10 ticket to be able to bid on auction items. A single ticket can be shared by everyone in your household.
The Live auction is this Saturday night, it starts at 6PM with a social hour and the bidding starts at 7. If you want to bid on items, you will need to register and purchase a $10 ticket (if you already have one for the Silent Auction, you should use it). No ticket is necessary if you just want to watch. We will be using Zoom for the Live Auction, here is the meeting link: https://uuberks.org/live-service-auction.
We need your help if you are planning on bidding during the Live Auction: you will need to make a bidding paddle:
- Fold a piece of paper in half lengthwise (for a short fat rectangle)
- Using the whole side of the paper, write your bidding number clearly on one side and a “?” on the other. (ie. Make it LARGE, so that it is easy to read and use a marker)
- Your bidding number can be found in your email from the auction, and also at the bottom of the Auction website screen once you’re logged in. To be safe, we will be sending them out again on Saturday afternoon.
- To bid, hold your numbered bid paddle in front of your nose and mouth. If you only raise your hand, the paddle might go off-camera or be missed. Our FUUBC bid spotters will relay your bids to the auctioneers. Bid spotters can only see you if your video is on.
- The winning bidder will be asked to hold their NUMBERED paddle again, for confirmation.
- Use the back of your paddle (the side with a “?”) to get a bid spotter to unmute you.
Finally, if you would like to volunteer to help with the auction or have a question/suggestion, send us an email at email@example.com. Many thanks from the Service Auction Committee.