Date(s) - 06/24/2020 - 06/28/2020
9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Categories No Categories
There are countless reasons to attend General Assembly. But here are 5 to consider this year:
- Featured Speaker Series – including Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, an historian, writer, and professor emeritus in Ethic Studies at California State University and author of the award-winning 2019-2020 UU Common Read An Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States.
- General Sessions (registration not required) – including reports by UUA president Susan Frederick-Gray, presentations by the UU Service Committee, social justice actions of immediate witness, and other social justice statements.
- Worship – including Synergy Bridging Worship (registration not required), a transformative multigenerational worship.
- Ware Lecture – by Naomi Klein, the inaugural Gloria Steinem Endowed Chair in Media, Culture and Feminist Studies at Rutgers University, and an award-winning journalist and New York Times bestselling author of On Fire: The (Burning) Case for a Green New Deal (2019), The Battle for Paradise: Puerto Rico Takes On the Disaster Capitalists (2018), and others.
- Programming – including numerous workshops on anti-racism, climate justice, and spirituality/theology.
To register ($150) or learn more about Virtual GA, click here.